International Military Sales Manager (AFRICOM & CENTCOM)
|November 20, 2012 - January 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Competitive Base (Commensurate with Experience) plus Commission/Bonus Structure.|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package - Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Leave, etc.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Do you thrive on achieving aggressive goals and working independently? Are you known for your ability to turn any stranger into a friend? Are you looking for new challenges and a dynamic, fast-paced work environment? Are you seeking a civilian career that leverages your extensive military expertise to continue serving our warfighters?|
ADS, Inc. is currently seeking an International Military Sales Manager to support our AFRICOM and CENTCOM customers overseas. This position will be based out of the selected candidate’s home office and will require 3-month U.S./Forward rotations. Ideal candidates will combine strong SNCO or JMO military experience within the AFRICOM and CENTCOM AORs in addition to 3+ years of successful military sales experience.
Why ADS, Inc.?
Legendary Service. Market Leadership. Uncommon Opportunity.
At ADS, Inc., your military experience is highly valued and absolutely vital to our ability to provide unparalleled operational equipment and logistics solutions to our warfighters. The discipline, values, insight, training and technical expertise transitioning warriors bring to our organization are essential to our success in providing the mission-critical solutions our clients require to increase their operational effectiveness, complete their missions, and make this world a safer place.
A high percentage of our employees are military veterans with well over 1000 years of combined military experience in an expansive array of operational specialties. This also deeply informs our corporate culture in that we are an intensely mission-focused team of professionals that embrace the values of integrity, teamwork, accountability and unyielding dedication that are foundational to military life.
We live a ‘work hard – play hard’ ethos and are committed to providing legendary service to the warfighter. We are the market leader with the best people, unparalleled products, and more procurement solutions than anyone else in our industry. We offer the uncommon opportunity to play a vital role in supporting the noble cause of our over 4,000 defense customers worldwide in a dynamically growing organization.
|Duties:||• Conduct Direct Sales activities and represent ADS products/services to U.S. military customers within AFRICOM and CENTCOM in order to meet company defined quotas.|
• Develop relationships with military and government customers within the assigned AOR.
• Creatively address customer problems, becoming a true resource and solutions provider.
• Understand contract/funding methods and assist customers in their use.
• Partner with suppliers to provide best products & values to meet customer requirements.
• Determine innovative strategies to win business.
• Provide management with sales plan on a monthly basis.
• Generate quotes for customers and assist them in identifying optimal funding/purchasing vehicles.
• Work with support teams (purchasing, accounting, warehouse, etc.) to ensure that all information is up to date in ADS systems and that orders are delivered in a timely fashion.
• Regularly following up on closed sales to ensure delivery and quality were as promised.
• Make cold calls, face-to-face and via telephone prospecting to develop new business.
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities.
|Qualifications:||• Absolutely must be a highly competitive, challenge-oriented “self-starter” with the will/desire to be the best at what you do.|
• MUST POSSESS PRIOR ON-THE-GROUND MILITARY EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE AFRICOM AND/OR CENTCOM THEATERS OF OPERATION.
• Prior military experience (SNCO/JMO) within AFRICOM/CENTCOM preferably possessing a strong combination of military Operations and Acquisitions expertise AND/OR 3+ years of exceptional Defense industry business development success are required.
• Must be comfortable talking to “anyone” at all organizational tiers. MAY BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A BRIEF PRESENTATION AS PART OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred but appropriate military experience may be substituted at the hiring manager’s discretion.
• Must be utterly committed to providing legendary customer service.
• Strong understanding of government contracts, defense procurement and relevant purchasing methods required.
• 50-75% Travel: Able to meet with customers outside under all weather conditions and must be able to travel by car/plane for long distances.
• Must be an excellent communicator - both in writing and in person – with exceptional interpersonal skills. WRITING SAMPLE WILL BE REQUIRED.
• 90-DAY U.S./FORWARD ROTATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
• Must understand basic business financial concepts and to be able to budget own expenses in a cost effective manner.
• 2+ years experience/demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, et cetera and willing to quickly learn use customer/prospect contact activities tools (CRM systems)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website at: www.adsinc.com
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.